For AMOR Projects records, we need to keep in our files a copy of your immunizations for reference. If you have not given us that information, we will need to receive it before you serve with us. Usually, we recommend you wait for about 6 weeks before your trip to meet with your doctor and conduct a travel consultation. You can also check the CDC (Center for Disease Control) website link for the latest recommendations on vaccines (you will be serving in the Ucayali region of Peru). Other sources you may want to visit are…
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ)
- National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
From the CDC Health Information for Travelers to Peru (latest update June 13, 2017):
- Td/Tdap Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis: 1 dose of Tdap if none then Td booster every 10 years.
- Hepatitis A Series
- Hepatitis B Series
You should get this vaccine if you did not get it as a child…
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Chickenpox Varicella
- Yellow Fever – request “International Yellow Fever Card” and keep it with your passport
- Malaria prevention – In Pucallpa our local doctor has not seen local patients with malaria
About Malaria from the CD web page…
Areas with malaria: All departments <2,000 m (6,562 ft), including the cities of Iquitos and Puerto Maldonado and only the remote eastern regions of La Libertad and Lambayeque. None in the following areas: Lima Province; the cities of Arequipa, Ica, Moquegua, Nazca, Puno, and Tacna; the highland tourist areas (Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca); and along the Pacific Coast (see Map 3-37).
Estimated relative risk of malaria for US travelers: Moderate.
Drug resistance4: Chloroquine.
Malaria species: P. vivax 85%, P. falciparum 15%.
Recommended chemoprophylaxis: Atovaquone-proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine.
This is the vaccination portion of the Student Missionary Application. The purpose of this form is to supplement, modify, update, or complete items previous submitted with the initial Student Missionary Application. You only need to fill out this form if you have been requested to by AMOR Projects administrators.